Paul is a graduate from the Savannah College of Art and Design in Sequential Art (that’s a fancy term for comics and cartoons…which should earn him, at least : 1,000 bonus points in the awesomeness category). He blogs about comics, design and painting (reviews, tips, tricks, techniques, etc).
This beautiful Watercolor Entertaining Set will take you back to the beach with its gorgeous hammered blue glass– you can almost hear the waves crashing onto the shore. Serve a delicious dip with your favorite chips, or hang on the for striking decorative wall art.
Check out these DIY swirl painted vases! They are an incredibly easy to do DIY project with only a few supplies required. All you really need is a vase of your choosing and a few paints colors that will combine nicely – that’s it! Sit back and let the paint do its job by swirling it in the vase to create some really nice looking patterns and designs! This project is the absolutely perfect way to add some color to a room!
1. Grab your simple vases that you plan to color (Choose a more sculptural one if you want)
2. Pick out your favorite paint colors that you plan to mix and make sure it is acrylic paint
3. Start off by adding only a couple of drops in your glass vase and then mix in another color and swirl it
4. Once you have a bit of a swirl add some more drops of the other color
5. Make sure you add paint very slowly that is kinda the trick to this and do not add any water at all yet or it will not stick to the glass properly
6. If you are in the process of swirling and you find your paint way too thick and its not moving much add only a couple of drops to thin it out a bit
7. Keep twisting and turning the inside of the vase until it is completely covered in paint
8. Drain the vase completely out now so there is no paint left over inside
9. Once you have drained it all out lay it on its side until it completely dries
10. Put your favorite decor into your vases such as branches!
I love this neat idea in customizing your address sign with this chevron monogram! Great way to add some uniqueness within your community and have your home personalized. Purchase your letter and your address numbers, paint them to your color of choice, and add a funky design such as chevron. This super easy project will add a beautiful custom flare to your home! Check out the DIY address sign monogram!
If your is in dire need of a quick makeover then you have come to the right place. Check out this 27 DIY Ways To Give Your Home A Make Over and stop talking about it and do it. There are so many great DIY ways to add decor, color or even some really neat lighting to your home.
Chandeliers are a beautiful piece of home decor but they can cost quite a bit of cash. But there is a DIY solution for that as well. Instead of a fancy ornamental style there is another style which I call industrial which in my mind is making a huge comeback in past years. Check out this DIY Industrial Chandelier to build one yourself at half the cost.
Love is in the air…or in this case, on the wall. Make your very own DIY heart shaped backdrop and bring some love in any room. This gorgeous piece is simple to make and interchangeable. What a great project for Valentines Day or having an intimate dinner for two in front of the backdrop! Try it out this weekend!
This beautiful DIY faux fur footstool is the perfect accessory when you feel like crawling into a little ball and curling up in front of the fireplace. Your feet will love it, and its quite easy to make. If white faux fur doesn’t match your color theme in your home, alter it to any other color or even fabric! I just love how it can compliment any room!
Have you ever seen a spa-inspired pebble bath mats sold in home decorating stores and saw its price? It can quite literately take your breath away. They are not cheap to buy. So why not consider making your own. Either as a welcome mat, bath mat or even a table top display. These smooth river rocks are available in craft stores in all sizes and shades so you can easily customize your mat by combining pebbles of different sizes and colors or using just one type. So try making your very own DIY pebble indoor/outdoor mat!
Have you walked through a show home or a furniture shop and noticed how the pillows pop and showcase the furniture so beautifully? With this extremely easy DIY sequin burlap pillow, you can create the same feeling in your home! I just love how a bit of bling can really change a pillow from ordinary to extraordinary! Enjoy the tutorial!